Friday, July 25, 2008

Always forward...

Another enjoyable and informative session. It's the little steps that reward. Margaret had a 'cute' little mouse for her lap top that uses a usb connection....hey I've been struggling with this touch pad & it was good to find this alternative. I wonder if Dick Smith's notice I'm appearing like clock work at 3pm on Fridays for new goodies. Good group discussion...agree with Rachael that time is an even bigger ingredient than Digital Inf knowledge. Once you are told how it needs lots of practice however the Confidence gained from the initial tutoring to go find & search for those answers is the key. Once the seeds are sown it's up to the individual. In that you are either hooked on learning and happy, in fact keen to learn or you are not & without motivation your gone. As a Grad student obviously I'm keen to learn or I wouldn't be at Uni. This DIL course has become like an extra paper to my degree. I give it as much time & effort. The support from Lynn & the rest of the group is second to none. This week I spent time with Lynn & Rachael who helped me learn more about Power Point and giving a presentation. I have been researching computer capabilities for a 22" monitor. I want to learn how to split screen for 2 documents and Anil has investigated a download which I'm keen to learn as a group.
We all looked at the Microsoft programme Onenote...delighted at the overview as will be very useful. Have done some research re this and will put it on group e-mail.
Continuing to study the wiki learning modules. Glad to get the opportunity to share with Jo, Jess and Margaret discussing our progress & what we are each achieving. Group learning is a brilliant format. It reminds me of the movies, as they say on the American Marines....no one ever gets left behind.

No comments: