Saturday, July 19, 2008

Hardware Learning

On Friday I presented my first power point attempt which I had loaded to a memory stick. great success & appreciated positive encouragement from the group. Unfortunately mind cluttered with problem that after purchasing a monitor it would not respond to the dvd drive loading. Anil has offered to assist which is most kind but am hovering on buying new motherboard etc, new computer box inners. Mine 6 years old & maybe time for 'new baby'...however despite the stress have learnt heaps on how the 'beasts' tick. My lap top decided to pack a sad re broadband which had me on the xtra help desk for over an hour but again it is all knowledge. My 'free research computer skilling is racking up quite a tab! Not that I need much encouragement, I absorb new tech toys like a dry sponge in a bucket. My laptop & desk top computers have different operating sytems so it has been a training exercise between using the two. If not for this course I would not have had the confidence to try these up grade steps. there is a lot of searching re screens and loading stuff and it has been a satisfying challenge helped by a few paracetomol tabs.
Will be at computer shop on & off all week, but onwards. Again bring on Friday.....I want to be a geek!

No comments: