Friday, July 11, 2008

Further Reflection

After many hours spent trying to fix why my blog didn't show asked group for help via e-mail plus one sent to myself. My e-mail double sent straight to my delete box so I guessed a problem especially when I didn't receive a reply from anyone. Sure enuf no-one in group received message.
Lynn was planning to help me after group but Jess stepped up, she is a very computer literate young lady and she patiently discovered my url was the issue. I cannot explain further as I don't understand how she fixed it, it wasn't straight forward and no purpose to dwell there until I have the knowledge.
My decision is to move on now I can access my blog and report.
I tried every thing I knew to fix the problem myself to no avail so I felt good about seeking assistance, I did not feel frustrated neither that I was giving up or stupid. To me it was a sensible decision and I was confident to ask.
I have learnt that I must explore solutions for myself but when all avenues are exhausted...ask. I will never master IT the system is expanding so rapidly that I will always be a learner and that is good, it is like studying any subject, the more you learn the less you know.
My goal for this week is to use the wikieducator site. I want to become more proficient in group e-mails for sending to my Uni-Guide students.
Also now I have my head above water I want to spend more time with other members and join in what they are doing more. Sometimes I discover how to do things by "accident" & in future I need to take notes so I can re track the method. For example Gabrielle asked how I put my photo on my profile and I couldn't explain it for her and I felt disappointed we couldn't do it together.
Longer term I want to get an initial power point presentation on a memory stick. Never done either previously. I will follow the manual as far as I can then discuss results with the others for input. I have to do presentations in the course of my lectures and have admired the power point efforts of other students. They are much more interesting for the audience than a speech.

No comments: